Tuesday, November 2, 2010

People make me want to die.

"SO! Who wants to accompany me to the bathroom to throw this up after we're done?" -My gay best friend.

Considering the others there were Lucy and Trevor, and they know...they just kind of looked at me for a cue of what to do. I laughed. Awkwardly.

What I wanted to say was that since it's an extremely, not to mention deadly illness that has been robbing me of my life since I was in middle school it's probably one of the most un-funny, and degrading things he has ever, EVER said.

But I made a quick subject change and was a major bitch to him the rest of the night.
He makes those comments literally every time we eat.

I want to go apeshit on him.
I don't understand how people can think that's ok.

Especially when he preaches on acceptance for gays. Because after his snide little comments, he launches into a discussion about how he doesn't understand HOW people can DO that to themselves. (A similar conversation was had in relation to self injury). It's just so STUPID and frankly, he just hates throwing up. Which makes me want to say, OH. I just decided I'm gay now. So I'm gay. But, wait. NEVER MIND. I don't want to be gay anymore because it's just so, incredibly STUPID, and frankly, I can't imagine having sex with a girl. And maybe it's different because I obviously know he's gay and he doesn't know I have an eating disorder. And the two situations ARE extremely different....

But. I'm not going to make excuses for him.
It was wrong.
And I wish I could have said something besides just my awkward laugh.

But there's always next time.

1 comment:

  1. people- life- ignorance.
    just be glad that you're above that. that's the main lesson from this.

    the ignorance of some people astound me.

    i love you, you can get past this <3

    ReplyDelete